With sincere apologies to UK-Bi :-)
This charter is designed to encourage people to use the list in a responsible and generally clued-up way; it's always open to reworking if it isn't doing its job. If you have a suggestion or a complaint about it please contact the list administrator.
Technical things about using the list
- Please do not subscribe public newsgroups, other mailing lists or any other form of public gateway to this list; also, don't forward this list to one, or to any other automated distribution system.
- Send complaints and admin queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please turn off HTML mail and other bizarre extensions before posting to the list. Plain old plaintext is fine, thanks :)
- Don't send binary files to the list.
- Obviously, offensive or abusive material (towards anyone) is not allowed, and may result in the sender's ISP/sysadmin being contacted.
- In the unlikely case that we come up with anything worth repeating, please get permission from the original author before forwarding or reproducing anything from the list.
- Bisexuals are gloriously diverse (or stubbornly weird, depending on how you look at it ;-). In the light of this, please respect people's chosen identity - for example, address people by the name they use in their posts, even if it is Lord Count Baron von Pretentiousness ;-)
- Never ever ever send a chain letter of any sort. To any mailing list. They're extremely irritating, and they're also just a con, OK? Absolutely nothing will go wrong in your life if you don't send it on.
About what's on-topic and what's not
- This is a chat list so there's no great restriction on what's on topic, but use your common sense!
- If you've found a 'funny' article from somewhere else, please use your judgement before sending it to the list - a lot of us have seen them several times before.
- Personal ads and explicit material are not really welcome.
- Non-explicit fiction is fine but please label it as such, and put [long] in the subject line where applicable.
Final note: There Is No Cabal, and Thanks For All The Fish